KAHANA IS THE PLACE if you want to "live local" vs. stay in a hotel. A beautiful setting with a mile-long white sand beach, a coral reef offshore, and views of the islands of Lanai and Molokai. A relaxed mix of beachside residences, resorts and business centers clustered along the West Maui shoreline make it feel like a welcoming village. It's the perfect place to be at home while away.
Beachside Maui Condo
4365 Lower Honoapiilani Rd. 106, Lahania, HI 96761
Outrigger Royal Kahana Resort
Tel: (808) 669-5911
Perfect for Inter-Island Travel . . . located 4 minutes (1.1 mile southeast) from Kapalua Airport (JHM), a commuter aircraft airport with inter-island flights. Airlines include Island Air, Mesa, Mokulele and United.
Driving Directions from Kahului Airport (OGG)
- From the airport/car rental area, take Keolani Street (380). Follow the 380 (Kuihelani Hwy/Dairy Rd.) through the town of Kahului.
- After about 30-minutes, turn left onto Highway 30 (south) to West Maui (Lahaina).
- Follow Highway 30 (Honoapillani Hwy) about 6 miles past Lahaina (north) to Hoohui Rd.
- Turn left at the traffic signal onto Hoohi Rd. Travel one short block, past the Kahana Gateway Shopping Center, which ends on Lower Honoapiilani Rd.
- Turn right on L. Honoapiilani. A quick left will take you into the parking lot of the Royal Kahana resort.
- Kapalua Bay
- Exceptional for whale watching, in season (Dec - Apr)
- Kapalua Coastal Trail
- The Plantation Golf Course at Kapalua
- Farmers Market near Honokowai Beach Park
- DT Flemming Beach
- Old Lahaina Luau, best dinner/entertainment show of its kind in Hawaii
- Snorkeling and swimming on Kahana Beach, only steps from the condo
- Skin Deep Tatoo / Tony Mucci, Lahaina
- Boss Frogs Dive & Surf
- Whaler's Village
- Free Hula Shows, Tiki Bar, Ka'annapili
- Walking, biking & jogging along L. Honoapiilani Rd.